Use / Indication: Amlopres TL Tablet is used in the treatment of hypertension.
How this medicine works in your body: Amlopres TL Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Telmisartan and amlodipine. Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) and amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker (CCB). They work by widening and relaxing the blood vessels, thereby lowering blood pressure.
Precaution / Highlights:
- Alcohol: It is not advisable to consume alcohol with Amlopres TL
- Pregnancy: Amlopres TL Tablet is unsafe to consume during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor before consumption.
- Driving: Do not drive unless you are feeling well. Amlopres TL Tablet may cause side effects such as dizziness, headaches, nausea or tiredness, all of which could affect your ability to concentrate and drive.
- Liver: Amlopres TL Tablet should be used with caution for patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Amlopres TL Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor before cinsumption. Amlopres TL Tablet is started at a lower dose in patients with liver disease and further increased slowly with careful monitoring.
Common side effects: May cause Nausea, Altered taste, Diarrhoea, Stomach upset, Ankle swelling, Headache, Dizziness, Weakness, Numbness of extremity, Edema, Flushing of skin, Increased potassium level in blood, Decreased blood pressure.
Drug Interactions: Do not take with Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol), Aleve (naproxen)amlodipine, Apir 81 (aspirin), Aspirin Low strength (aspirin), atenolol, atorvastatin, Benadryl (diphenhydramine), benazepril, carvedilol, Celebrex (celecoxib), chlorthalidone, CoQ10 (ubiquionone), Crestor (rosuvastatin), cyclobenzaprine, Cymbalta (duloxetine), Fish oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated faty acids), grapefruit, hyrochlorothiazide, ibuprofen, Januvia (sitagliptin), Lantus (insulin glargine), Lasix (furosemide), levothyroxine, Lipitor (atorvastatin), lisinopril, losartan, Lyrica (pregabalin), metoprolol, mrtoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol), Metoprolol Tartrate (metoprolol), Nexium (esomeprazol, Paracetamol (acetaminophen), Plavix (clopidogrel), ProAir HFA (albuterol), ramipril, simvastatin, Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol), Synthroid (levothyroxine), Tylenol (acetaminophen), Viagra (sildenafil), Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin), Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), Xarelto (rivaroxaban).
How should I take the medicine: Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Amlopres TL Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- Can be consumed with or without food.
- Should be taken as per the instruction by doctor.
- It may cause sleepiness.
Dosage: If you miss a dose take it as soon as possible. If it is the time for your next dose miss the dose and take the next dose to get back to your schedule. Do not double the dose.
Storage: Keep at room temperature away from heat and sunlight.
Disclaimer: Our goal is to provide you with the most relevant and current information. However, because drugs affect each person differently, we cannot guarantee that this information includes all possible side effects. This information is not a substitute for medical advice. Always discuss possible side effects with a healthcare provider who knows your medical history.