Use / Indication: Acivir Iv Injection is used in the treatment of herpes labialis, genital herpes infection, chickenpox and herpes zoster.
How this medicine works in your body: Acivir Iv Injection is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells. Thus stops the virus from producing new viruses.
Packing: 10ml in 1 vial.
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
- Drink plenty of water while on treatment with Acivir. This helps to prevent kidney stone and kidney damage.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems. A dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
- You should not have sex if you have genital sores or blisters. If you're taking Acivir for herpes, you should use barrier methods (condoms) when you're having sex since you can still pass it on to other people, even if you're taking the medication.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Alcohol: It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Acivir Iv Injection.
- Pregnancy: Acivir Iv Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor.
- Driving: Acivir Iv Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive
- Liver: Acivir Iv Injection is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
- Kidney: Acivir Iv Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease.
Common side effects: It may cause Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Fever.
Drug Interactions: Do not take with Abreva (docosanol topical), Advil (ibuprofen), Ambien (zolpidem), amoxicillin, Aspirin, Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin), Ativan (lorazepam), Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim), Benadryl (diphenhydramine), Calcium 600 D (calcium / vitamin d), cephalexin, citalopram, Cymbalta (duloxetine), doxycycline, Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids), Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine), ibuprofen, Lipitor (atorvastatin), Lyrica (pregabalin), metronidazole, naproxen, Nexium (esomeprazole), Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone), prednisone, Singulair (montelukast), Synthroid (levothyroxine), Tylenol (acetaminophen), Valtrex (valacyclovir), Velcade (bortezomib), Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin), Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), Xanax (alprazolam), Zyrtec (cetirizine)
How should I take the medicine: Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
- Can be consumed with or without food.
- Should be taken as per the instruction by doctor.
- May cause sleepiness.
Dosage: If you miss a dose of Acyclovir, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Storage: Do not store above 25°C. Do not refrigerate.
Disclaimer: Our goal is to provide you with the most relevant and current information. However, because drugs affect each person differently, we cannot guarantee that this information includes all possible side effects. This information is not a substitute for medical advice. Always discuss possible side effects with a healthcare provider who knows your medical history.